Learn About Innovation Through Design Thinking
An immersive one-day workshop to get everyone started together
- Participants solve a challenge through guided application of specific design thinking tools
- Directed activities provide opportunities to solve problems in a unique and effective way
- Participants experience collaborative creativity as practiced in the world’s most innovative companies
- Experience human-centered design
- Understand how it can help your organization become more creative and productive
- Awaken your untapped creativity
- Learn to see challenges from a fresh perspective
- Identify specific areas in your organization that can benefit from innovation through design thinking
- We work with you to understand your needs, plan the day, and prepare the participants
- The day starts with a warmup design challenge
- We present an overview of design thinking: project stories and an outline of the framework and phases
- The day’s design challenge is identified, and teams get their goals
- Teams alternate between short instructions and hands-on exercises to try out the fundamental skills and tools of design thinking
- Teams deliver and present their projects
- Throughout the day, we pause for reflection on meaningful learnings and potential applications
- The day ends with a discussion on specific elements you can integrate into your ongoing practice of creativity and innovation
WHY DESIGN THINKING?
We teach design thinking as a method to help organizations cultivate a human-centered culture that encourages original ideas, tackles complex problems, and uncovers extraordinary new solutions. Our process has its roots in our work as pioneers of the original design process at IDEO, and embraces an attitude we live by: Innovation Made Personal.
THE 3 KEYS TO INNOVATING EVERY DAY (EBOOK)
Learn what makes companies consistently innovative while others take years to turn an idea into a new product or service.
DESIGN THINKING QUESTIONS CHECKLIST (PDF)
Questions that collaborators can ask at each stage of their process to inform and elevate creation.