ExperIence & practice design thinking
A three-day workshop providing an in-depth immersion
- Focused active learning of new skills and tools
- Experience innovation through design thinking
- Hands-on collaborative creativity
- Take detailed steps through all phases of the process
- Tackle a specific challenge and prototype solutions
- Apply a proven method for identifying needs and opportunities for innovation
- Identify specific tools and processes to adopt into your organization and current practice
- Understand the factors that affect creative collaboration
- Realize individual and team creativity
- Enhance employee engagement
- Take the full innovation journey — from challenge to solution
- We work with you to understand your needs, plan the days, and prepare the participants
- We present an overview of design thinking approach, process, skills, and tools, with examples from a wide variety of projects
- Participants are divided into teams and are presented with a design challenge
- The group goes through a step-by-step journey of the innovation process
- We guide individuals and teams as they practice each activity
- Teams present prototype solutions to the design challenge
- We lead a focused reflection session for individual and group learning
- Participants determine opportunities for organizational learning and application of new skills and tools to current processes
WHY DESIGN THINKING?
We teach design thinking as a method to help organizations cultivate a human-centered culture that encourages original ideas, tackles complex problems, and uncovers extraordinary new solutions. Our process has its roots in our work as pioneers of the original design process at IDEO, and embraces an attitude we live by: Innovation Made Personal.
THE 3 KEYS TO INNOVATING EVERY DAY (EBOOK)
Learn what makes companies consistently innovative while others take years to turn an idea into a new product or service.
DESIGN THINKING QUESTIONS CHECKLIST (PDF)
Questions that collaborators can ask at each stage of their process to inform and elevate creation.